August 4th, 2004
Fanfic update! A cute little fluffy R/S story - Don't Dream It's Over.
July 12th, 2004
DIARIES HAS BEEN UPDATED OMG!!!!!!111111one
Just felt the need to share, yo.
Current Mood: accomplished
July 1st, 2004
|dollsome||05:10 pm - Look, Dia!|
I was browsing the Favourite Fanfic Quotes thread on Sugar Quill, and . . . behold!
"This isn't exactly a quote, but a chapter title: "Falling Head Over Nose" in Diaries of a Dungeon-Dwelling Moron by Gedia Kacela. "
Score! :) Diaries is so world-renowned. Or . . . something.
And I may or may not just be really bored.
And someone quoted me!
. . . In IR. The weirdest chapter of IR ever, no less.
These threads are too much fun.
And this entry has a point!
Or, er, here, it can have one now--
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
What we know:
-The working title to CoS
-Doesn't refer to either Harry or Voldie (mwaha. I feel so rebellious calling him that.)
So . . . whaddya think it could be referring to?
Current Mood: bored
Current Music: Ballad for Dead Friends (Dashboard Prophets)
June 18th, 2004
June 16th, 2004
Your chance to become JKR's neighbor
A three-bedroom property has been put on the market just yards away from JK Rowling's home in Merchiston.
Whaddya say, girls? ;)
|dollsome||09:44 pm - Whoo! Discussion stuff!|
Sooo, after seeing PoA, J.K. Rowling said that Cuaron had unintentionally foreshadowed things in the later books. I think she said six and seven.
So . . . what stuff do you guys think could have been foreshadowing?
So far, I've thought of Sirius saying the "the dead we love never truly leave us" line was definitely foreshadowing. *tear*
And, of course, Ron and Hermione's approaching relationship. :D
Can you guys think of anything else?
Portugese HP Translation Team to Lexicon: Zabini is Male
The Lexicon has been updated with information from the Portuguese translation team as to Blaise Zabini's gender. He's male, as JKR told them in translation discussions. And I owe Steve Vander Ark satisfaction of a bet.
The mystery . . . has been SOLVED?!?!
. . . The world feels empty somehow.
Here is very good story by Helene on Ff.N. It's called Beyond the Veil and it's about Sirius, well, beyond the veil, and his struggle to get on Earth again. Because he's not dead.. but not really living either. It's a little confusing, but the work that the author put into it is amazing. And the R/S is so perfect. :)
But don't start reading it at night, but once you get into it, it's fucking scary. Excuse my French, but I got scared. Don't know how that'll be for you guys, but... whoa. Tres creepy.
And now look at me. It's 3:13 AM. Go figure.
But, at least I finished the story.
Eep! Go read it and tell me whatcha think.
Oh, and go read her other R/S stuff! She wrote another story that was really, really interesting. It's a What If? about Sirius not losing his head and going to attack Peter after Voldemort killed Lily and James. He goes to Dumbledore and everything. So Remus and Sirius get to raise Harry! It's really interesting to see Harry on the Hogwarts Express as a 1st year, since everything has changed. He's still the Boy Who Lived, but.. Okay, I'm done. Just go read it. It's really good.
*collapses on bed* Whew.
Current Mood: awake but ready to fall asleep
June 15th, 2004
1. Who's your favourite character? Why? Snape. Because I just... love him. I love that he's a bastard, and I love trying to figure out his backstory. I love his remarks and I love getting inside his head and finding the humour that can be there within his bastard-ness. He's a good guy, as we eventually discover, but so flawed. And I like that. And I want to know more about him. I loved the peek into his past the OotP gave us. It thrilled me to no end and just made me ache for him, all at the same time.
2. Who's your least favourite character? Why? Umbridge made my skin crawl. Of course, I also yelled "You bastard!" in the middle of the trial scene in OotP at Fudge. I kinda hate them both. But mostly Umbridge. I'm with Nita... the quill punishment shocked me.
3. Which book is your favourite? (And again with the why. Am sick of putting it. Be nice and say why. :D) Oooh. Hard question. I really like GoF because of the Ball and the other students being there. I love jealous Ron and Krum and all the challenges.
4. Which (permanent) Hogwarts professor is your favourite? Snape. Duh. Do we really need to hear me talk more about this?
5. Which Defense Against the Dark Arts professor is your favourite? Lupin, of course. He was the best they had, and I was so sad when he left.
6. Which pet is your favourite? Does Buckbeak count as a pet? Because I pick him. Hippogriffs are just awesome, and plus, he mauled Draco. Heh.
7. Which Marauder is your favourite? Ooh. I think Padfoot is probably my favourite. He's the one who I see as getting into the most trouble but having the easiest time charming his way out of it again. He'd be the most fun.
8. Which ship is your favourite? (Up to 3) Snape/Sinistra. It's so in my head that it's basically canon to me, and I find myself reading more into the books than I probably should, just to find things that I can convince myself are pointing to S/S.
Remus/Sirius. It's so there, man. Old married couple, "brotherly" hugs... OTP!
Draco/Goblet Ron/Hermione. It's just... so bloody obvious. Get a clue, H/H-ers.
9. Who's your favourite Weasley? Ginny. Though I would like to see more of the older Weasley's. I think I'd like Bill a lot.
10. Gryffindor? Ron. He's just... classic.
11. Ravenclaw? Luna, I suppose. Don't really... know many others, do we? Besides Cho, I believe.
12. Hufflepuff? Cedric.
GOOOOOOOOYLE Draco. Yes, he's a smug, cowardly, little bastard, but I can't stand the rest of them, really.
14. Hogwarts ghost? The Grey Lady.
15. Fantastic beast? ;) ... why the winking? Why? WHY? Ahem. Unicorns. I've always had a thing for unicorns.
16. Dursley? ... I kindof hate them all. Petunia, I suppose. She's the most amusing.
17. Evil character? I suppose I can't say Snape again, since he's not really evil. Then... Lucius. I love him. He's so freaking evil. It's great. He's proud, arrogant, controlling, knows how to use fear to get what he wants. I want to see more of him. We know he's not going to stay in Azkaban.
18. House? Slytherin. *grin*
19. Quidditch match? When Gryffindor won the Cup.
20. Beauxbatons/Durmstrang student? Krum. He's rather delightfully dumb.
21. In your opinion, which character is the most tragic? Remus. He's lost... basically everything. His best friends, his job, his normal life. He lost Sirius twice. He makes me want to cry...
22. Who do you think is the funniest character? MtP Sirius? No? Doesn't count? Fine. Then Ron.
23. How do you feel about Draco Malfoy? I think he's going to be just like his dad. None of this, oh, he's an abused child and misunderstood and he's really good. He's not. Look at the books, people! He's not a nice guy!
24. How about Snape? Love him. Duh. But am also always annoyed by the he's really a good guy fanon. He's not. He's a bloody bastard and I love him for it. He's biased, spiteful, revengeful, and hates a bloody lot of people. But he's such a great character.
25. Cho Chang? Ugh. Don't like her much. Yes, she's been through a lot, but the Harry/Cho? Gag me.
26. Which plot twist in the books thus far surprised you the most? Wow. See, they've been in my mind for so long that I can't even remember. I have to say that Sirius' death shocked the hell out of me. I never saw it coming. Never. I imagined so many other characters dying. But not him. And then... he was gone. And... yeah. I couldn't believe it.
27. Which character can you identify with the most? Hmm. Ginny, I suppose. Never noticed by the guy she loves, talks to a diary, is the tagalong in a world of those older than her.
28. Has Harry/Hermione tainted toast for you? Oh, totally.
29. Who do you think has the coolest name? (These are in-depth questions, really.) Um. I like Dumbledore's name. *nod*
30. Did you cry at book five? Oh, God. I cried at Molly fighting the Boggart. That simply tore me apart. And there were several other parts. And then... Sirius. Could not stop crying. I was sitting there on my bed, surrounded by Kleenex, trying to get through the rest of the book while still sobbing. And then I finished and still didn't stop crying for another half hour. And... I don't want to think about this anymore.
31. Do you think he's really gone? I told you I didn't want to think about it! Damn you! Ahem. Yes, he is. I don't think he's coming back. It's just... not going to happen, no matter how much we all would like it to.
32. Who else do you think isn't going to live throughout the rest of the series? Wormtail, thank God. I have fears for Dumbledore and some of the Weasley's. And a big fear for Snape. Eee.
33. Whose death would absolutely scar you for life? Snape. Honestly. If he dies, I think I'll go crazy. It'll be so much worse than Sirius. I couldn't handle it.
34. I'd die right alongside Ron and/or Hermione if one of them kicked the bucket. That CAN'T happen. R/H, man! It's THERE. She can't take that away.
35. n_n. Hehehe.
36. Er. Sorry. I really couldn't resist. Sooo . . . Harry in OotP. What did you think? Bloody annoying teenage brat. But you know, he is a teenager. And he's faced Voldemort like... four times. I suppose he's entitled to some brattiness.
37. Were you surprised by Ginny's characterization? Kindof, but I got used to it.
38. Do you want to see Bellatrix suffer like no one has suffered before? YES.
39. What do you think's in store for everyone's favourite detestable little rat, Wormtail? DEATH. DEAAAAAAAAATH. Er. What'd you expect? A nice glass of brandy? Though, you know, he and Voldie may sit around on weekends toasting each other. You never know.
40. Did you get the somewhat creepy Remus/Tonks vibes? (Sorry that the survey writer bias is sinking through here.) Um. No. I really didn't. At all. And when I saw the first Remus/Tonks fanfic, I was all WTF? Because I never ever saw it. of course, I really didn't like Tonks that much to begin with, but that's just me.
1. Which movie is your favourite? PoA.
2. Do you enjoy movie!Harry, Ron, or Hermione the most? Movie!Ron. He cracks me up. Tapdancing spiders. Bwahahaha.
3. Pick five favourite movie moments.
-Quirrel and Herman. Because to me, he is Herman. And it never fails to crack me up.
-Boggart!Snape in Neville's grandma's clothes. So classic. I nearly died.
-Brotherly hugging and Remus/Sirius interaction in the Shrieking Shack.
-Snape's entrance in PS and 'bewitch the mind' speech, etc. His entire first scene delights me. Especially the deleted part of the scene.
4. How did you feel about David Thewlis as Lupin? I ended up liking him alright, despite his original frightening resemblence to the Duke. Like I've said, he was at his best opposite Oldman.
5. Oldman as Sirius? Perfect.
6. Whose characterization bothers you the most? Pettigrew. Just... no. And Hagrid's bothered me for a while... he's just not quite right. But Pettigrew annoyed me much more.
7. Gambon or Harris as Dumbledore? Gambon. Sorry, Richard.
8. Which movie alteration has irked you the most? NOT EXPLAINING THE MARAUDERS.
9. What do you think has been the scariest thing in the movies so far? Dementors. Eeeeeeee.
10. Which scene from each movie did you find the most moving? Sirius trying to stop Remus' transformation. Sniffle.
11. Are you amused by the obvious R/H-ness going on? YES. It's great.
12. Do you think Steve Kloves should be punished in some way? YES. ... I'm really into caps tonight, aren't I? I think it's the VC acting up.
13. Alfonso or Chris Columbus? Um... duh? Alfonso. Stay, Alfonso, STAY. (See? Caps. I'm tellin' ya.)
1. Do you write fanfiction? Hmm... let's see... that'd be a yes.
2. Who are your favourite characters to write about? Snape. I love getting into his character, especially for Diaries.
3. Who can you just not get in-character for the life of you? Most of the modern day characters (Ron, Hermione, etc). I love the MWPP era and those from it so much more.
4. Which fanfictions (top 3) are you the most pleased with? Oh my... hmm. I have to go look. Diaries, And Then There Was, and... um... hmm. Oh, screw it, I'm putting four. Torn Asunder and Young, Once, and Beautiful. Ha. Take THAT, survey. Boo-yah.
5. Which fanfiction makes you want to go hide and never see the light of day again? Oh God. Nearly all of my older ones.
6. Does slash squick you? Nah. Heck, I write it. The really weird pairings do, but for the most part... nah.
7. Do you enjoy unconventional pairings (Snape/Hermione, Draco/Hermione, etc.)? If they're convincingly done and not completely... disgusting.
8. Which character do you think is portrayed the most differently in fanon? Snape. See Nita's response. Poor quilt. It never knew what was coming. You see, THIS is why one must always CONTROL THEIR PASSION.
9. What's your favourite fanfic pairing? S/S. Hands down. And then R/S.
10. What's the most bizarre ship you've ever stumbled upon? Snape/Giant Squid. Do not even ask.
Current Mood: bored
Sleep be damned. *falls over* Forgive any spelling errors.
1. Who's your favourite character? Why? Sirius Black. Originally it was Remus because I just loved the obvious contrast between his gentle nature as a man and his violent nature as a werewolf. Then, after thinking about it for some time, I really just came to love the idea of Sirius. I love that he was this arrogant kid that I probably would have loathed had I gone to school with him and suddenly he was thrust into this world and this war where being good looking wasn't enough to save your life. Then he went to Azkaban. And while I don't blame him, exactly, I think his rash, impulsive, incredibly selfish nature was part of the reason he ended up there. It's also part of the reason he died. He's so wonderfully imperfect. And, y'know, MTP!SIRIUS!!!
2. Who's your least favourite character? Why? Probably Colin Creavy. I just couldn't get on board with him. He annoyed me to no end. Strangely enough, I like his brother.
3. Which book is your favourite? (And again with the why. Am sick of putting it. Be nice and say why. :D) PoA for the moment. I'm rereading OotP for the first time since last summer and I'm just struck but how amazing it is. The characters are brilliant and I just now reread the scene in which Molly Weasley is trying to fight the Boggart and it's turning into her dead children and Harry. I was in tears. It's so sad and so well written.
4. Which (permanent) Hogwarts professor is your favourite? Snape. *does a Snape love dance* Snape because he's such a calculating bastard who holds a wonderfully idiotic grudge against the child of a guy he hated ten years ago. He's bitter, cynical and yet he's so good. He's such a nasty person, but he's really so good.
5. Which Defense Against the Dark Arts professor is your favourite? Remus. He was kind, gentle, intelligent and he was such a brilliant teacher. That man is remarkable. It's funny because you look at the title of the books and think that Harry Potter should be the 'hero' right? He's not? He's a regular imperfect person. Remus Lupin is one of those few people who is so selfless they seem almost perfect. (I'm giving this far too much thought considering I should be asleep.)
6. Which pet is your favourite? Crookshanks, I think. If it asked which owl, I'd say Pig. But Crookshanks is the best pet in the world. First, part Kneazle. Second, he helped save Sirius's life and tried to kill Wormtail. Repeatedly. Awesome.
7. Which Marauder is your favourite? Padfoot. Kind of goes hand in hand with my Sirius love. And I just now realized that Nita is very Canadian/British/Australian with her spelling of favourite. Awesome.
8. Which ship is your favourite? (Up to 3) Canon or fanon? Because I seriously love Remus/Tonks, but pray that it will never be canon. I want that to stay as fanon. I also never pictured it as a sort of ... everlasting kind of love. That's not the ship I picture for them. I picture either an unrequited love on Tonks' part or a sort of 'you're a warm body and I miss Sirius' relationship.
Ron/Hermione. Because you can't bicker that much and not have romantic tension.
9. Who's your favourite Weasley? Molly. She's ... wonderful. And the Boggart scene in OotP made me love her even more. She's such a good mom.
10. Gryffindor? Hermione, probably. Because she never thinks she's Gryffindor material (I can practically hear her inner monologues of 'I belong in Ravenclaw') but she's ever bit the Gryffindor that Harry is. Every bit as brave.
11. Ravenclaw? Luna Lovegood.
12. Hufflepuff? Cedric Diggory.
13. Slytherin? Blaise Zabini.
14. Hogwarts ghost? Bloody Baron. :D
15. Fantastic beast? ;) Yeah, what's with the winking? And ... can I pick a few? Hippogriffs and centaurs.
16. Dursley? Petunia. I'm still set on the idea that she and Lily were once close. That's why she can never really seem to look Harry in the eye. Because they remind her of Lily's eyes and she feels the pain of losing her sister and knowing they were estranged and yeah, I'm weird.
17. Evil character? Lucius Malfoy. Simply because he doesn't seem to be quite the coward his son is. It makes me wonder were Draco got it. Narcissa? Seems unlikely.
18. House? Ravenclaw, I think.
19. Quidditch match? The one in PoA when Gryffindor wins the cup. It makes me get all teary every single time.
20. Beauxbatons/Durmstrang student? Fleur. I liked her accent. And her Veela-esqueness.
21. In your opinion, which character is the most tragic? Remus. He's the one left watching, the one left to deal with the aftermath, the one left to put the pieces back together when everything falls apart. The others get to die, get to betray their friends. He just gets to mourn all these losses and that breaks my heart.
22. Who do you think is the funniest character? Fred and George kill me. Although, Ron asking Luna if she's been drinking on the train was pretty damn funny too.
23. How do you feel about Draco Malfoy? I'm interested to see if he'll become more than just the idiotic, cowardly bully. Where is his place in this war? I'm fairly certain it's on the side of Voldemort, so I'm not kidding myself about that ... it's just where? Will he have enough of a spine to become a Death Eater on his own? Will he back out? Will his parents force him?
24. How about Snape? *hugs him* He has a fascinating background and, as I stated above, even if he's a bastard, he's really quite a good man.
25. Cho Chang? I never liked her, but I never disliked her either. I think she made for fantastic comic relief during the kiss. I adore the scene afterward when Harry tells Ron and Hermione about it.
26. Which plot twist in the books thus far surprised you the most? I was convinced Snape was evil in PS. I think I'd have to say the entire story with Wormtail in PoA, however. By PoA I was convinced there would be a big twist, so I was very wary while reading it. I didn't completely believe that Sirius had done all those things they said, so I wasn't fully surprised by that. I was surprised, however, by the animagus twist, by the fact that Remus was a werewolf (I so didn't catch on) and by Scabbers being ... well, not Scabbers.
27. Which character can you identify with the most? Little bit of Hermione, little bit of Ron, little bit of Sirius.
28. Has Harry/Hermione tainted toast for you? You know it.
29. Who do you think has the coolest name? (These are in-depth questions, really.) I love Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Sirius because of the whole dog star connection and Lupin because of the wolf thing. You think I'd have figured out he was a werewolf after going, "Hey, mom! Remus Lupin's last night means wolf!"
30. Did you cry at book five? That's funny. I cried for about an hour. Went to work, cried at work. Came home, cried at home. I cried for about a week and a half without stopping. I still can't talk about it or I cry. I look at the stupid obituary one of the newspapers printed that I clipped out and I cry.
31. Do you think he's really gone? I wish he wasn't, but I do. I mean, that blows about my whole 'ooh, the symbol for the dog star and silver are the same - silver is the only thing that kills werewolves!' theory to hell, but ... blah. I'd rather he be gone than brought back all wrong. I'd rather he be dead than not be Sirius.
32. Who else do you think isn't going to live throughout the rest of the series? Remus and I have a bad feeling about Molly Weasley.
33. Whose death would absolutely scar you for life? I'm already scarred for life. However, I think having Harry die at the end would not only scar me, it would disappoint me. It's the same Buffy/Angel thing. The Buffy finale made me happy because it was hopeful. There was the idea of a fresh start. The Angel finale depressed me because it was hopeless. If Harry dies I'll feel like all his fighting was in vain. He deserves to live.
34. I'd die right alongside Ron and/or Hermione if one of them kicked the bucket. I think I just might too.
35. n_n. You're evil in ways I've never known.
36. Er. Sorry. I really couldn't resist. Sooo . . . Harry in OotP. B-R-A-T! Brat. Of course, I like that her main character is flawed, but still, what a fucking brat.
37. Were you surprised by Ginny's characterization? A little. But she's growing up, so I wasn't too surprised that suddenly she has a real personality. I liked it a lot.
38. Do you want to see Bellatrix suffer like no one has suffered before? Do you even need to ask me that? ME!?
39. What do you think's in store for everyone's favourite detestable little rat, Wormtail? I'm afraid he's going to kill Remus. I don't think he'll survive the series either, however. I think he's either going to slip up and Voldemort will kill him, or I think Harry will.
40. Did you get the somewhat creepy Remus/Tonks vibes? (Sorry that the survey writer bias is sinking through here.) They're not creepy! And, no, I don't get Remus/Tonks vibes at all in canon. Tonks is the kind of girl who'd go, 'Oh, so my cousin is dating Remus. Back away from the hot werewolf.' She'd never make a move on Sirius's man, man. :D I still enjoy Remus/Tonks, however.
1. Which movie is your favourite? Prisoner of Azkaban, hands down.
2. Do you enjoy movie!Harry, Ron, or Hermione the most? Movie!Ron, I guess
3. Pick five favourite movie moments.
- Snape's entrance in PS. I was like, 'YES! YES! So perfect!!!'
- "They might have to chop it." Perfect.
- Sirius talking to Harry outside of the Whomping Willow. It was sweet and sad and so well done.
- The entire thing at the end of CoS with Tom Riddle and the Basilisk.
- Hermione punching Draco. That made me feel good.
4. How did you feel about David Thewlis as Lupin? I liked him off and on. Some scenes I was so into it, thinking that this was the Remus I'd always pictured. Other scenes I was very WTF? I'm still sitting at an 'okay, he wasn't bad' level.
5. Oldman as Sirius? *gapes* No words. No words. This man in my hero for bringing to life the character I love so much and doing it so perfectly.
6. Whose characterization bothers you the most? Hermione's, I think. She doesn't have the insecure parts that I love so much about her.
7. Gambon or Harris as Dumbledore? Gambon rocked my socks. And probably Dumbledore's too.
8. Which movie alteration has irked you the most? The fact that there was absolutely no explanation about the Marauders and why Harry's patronus took the shape of the stag. Voldemort calls Pettigrew 'Wormtail' in GoF. They'll have to explain it sometime.
9. What do you think has been the scariest thing in the movies so far? The Dementors scared the hell out of me.
10. Which scene from each movie did you find the most moving?
PS - Mirror of Erised. (This movie wasn't very moving, though.)
CoS - When Hagrid comes back. I bawled the first time I saw it in the theatre.
PoA - Sirius asking Harry to live with him. He seemed so shy.
11. Are you amused by the obvious R/H-ness going on? It makes me very happy.
12. Do you think Steve Kloves should be punished in some way? I'll eat his face!
13. Alfonso or Chris Columbus? Alfonso, you are my hero!
1. Do you write fanfiction? Yes.
2. Who are your favourite characters to write about? Remus or Sirius.
3. Who can you just not get in-character for the life of you? Er, Remus and Sirius? Seriously, I'm always afraid I'm not doing them justice. Probably Harry and Ginny, though. I just can't get into their heads.
4. Which fanfictions (top 3) are you the most pleased with? 3: Grey Sky Morning.
2 - Harry Potter and the Excessive Use of Bad Cliches *snicker* Okay, seriously 2: Laugh and 1 ... oh, God. Don't make me choose between Chocolate and Two. I love how they both turned out. Top four? Oh, okay! Top four. Grey Sky Morning, Laugh, Chocolate and Two. Buahahaha. and maybe Just a Kiss as well
5. Which fanfiction makes you want to go hide and never see the light of day again? The Five. *sighs* Oh, or Myths of a Flood.
6. Does slash squick you? Meh. I just don't read the pairings I don't like.
7. Do you enjoy unconventional pairings (Snape/Hermione, Draco/Hermione, etc.)? It depends. I used to love Hermione/Snape and it still interests me. I've read some really good Hermione/Remus and Draco/Ginny. I also read a Remus/Draco (and if that's not unconventional, I don't know what is) and it was amazing. It seriously blew me away.
8. Which character do you think is portrayed the most differently in fanon? Draco or Hermione.
9. What's your favourite fanfic pairing? R/S.
10. What's the most bizarre ship you've ever stumbled upon? Sirius/Hagrid. *shudder*
Current Mood: tired